August 26, 2007

Heirloom Vegetables



So this is the beginning of the Erica's Kitchen blog. I'll write as often as I can about anything and everything having to do with local food and whatever else seems appropriate. After coming home from the Piermont Farmer's market a few Sundays ago, I couldn't help but snap this picture of the heirloom eggplants, peppers and tomatoes I had gathered from Yuno's Farm, so beautiful! I often photograph the fruits and vegetables that I gather, before they move on to the kitchen to be prepped and turned into a dish whose flavor and character will depend highly on their freshness and the fact that they were produced sustainably.

1 comment:

ritu said...

it is so nice that all of us are getting more and more aware about using local products.
the eggplants look sensous..